Thursday, May 28, 2020

Quarantine 2020

Wow!! It’s so crazy to visit this blog and to see all the memories. I’m super excited to revive this with new updates and of course lots of pictures. I wanted to preface before I started sharing the past couple of months because I didn’t want it to seem as if the past 76 days have been easy or glorious in any way. It has been rough but like everything hard in life, time can reveal a whole new perspective on things. A few days ago as I was scrolling through the photos on my phone trying to find one I wanted to send to my sister; I discovered how much I had done in the past 76 days of Quarantine. I only then realized looking back in time through these photos that as agonizing as I had been feeling, my days  actually had been filled with lots of productive projects and of course some nice family memories. Anyone who knows me well knows I struggle to focus and see the positive on a day to day basis (something I am diligently working to improve) however I am able to both acknowledge and accept that about myself. I struggle with depression and anxiety, which I discovered is not a good combo during a Pandemic where you are forced to isolate yourself. It took a lot of strength to keep myself busy and to continue to find things to fill my time so I would not find myself in a dark pit of despair. So, along with the rest of the world I learned to maneuver my new normal by attempting to keep my kids on track with school work while still backing my philosophy of independence and natural consequences. By the way, I think my philosophy is frowned upon by most teachers, especially in our town!😜 Figuring out my new role as a paraprofessional in remote learning🤣 and then the normal things of feeding my family (apparently being home all day means I must provide many meals for my family🙄), doing chores and then of course filling the remaining 12 hours of my day! I am excited to share what will sure to be way too many posts from the past 76 days which I shall call My Journey through Quarantine as seen through rose colored glasses. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melisa we have many things in common!