Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What a Scare!

I had quite the scare this weekend that reminded me that just as you think your life is under control and everything is running smooth you are suddenly awakend from that day dream and your Faith is yet tested again. There is no doubt in my mind that my Heavenly Father loves me and that he has given me the Gift of the Holy Ghost that is always there to comfort me at all the right times. So anyways I'm sure your dying to know what was this scare? Well Thursday night my sweet little Caleb had a seizure. It was one of the most terrifying things that I have witnessed. It was a moment of panic on my part and struggling to not fall completely apart I was able to call our good friend Len ( who happens to be an ER Doctor and lives about a minute up the street) and quickly after 911. The ambulance arrived very quick and we made our way to the hospital where everything checked out fine and we came back home that night with orders to follow-up with the pediatrician the next day. I made the appointment the next morning and Caleb woke up that morning feeling great. So even though my nerves were shot at this point I was feeling better than the night before. We dropped the kids off at my sisters later that day and heading to the doctors with Caleb who was a little upset that he couldn't stay and play at my sisters as well. When we were about two minutes from the doctors office he had another seizure in the car. At this point I just wanted to die. Thinking I don't know if I'm strong enough for this. But boy does Heavenly Father like to prove me wrong. The Holy Ghost steps right in and helps me to get through all this as calm as possible. We pull over so I can get him on his side and the seizure finishes and we hurry our way to the doctors since we figure we are closer there than the Hospital. They check him at the office and he is doing well at this point except for that he is exhausted and past out through all this. So they give us the option to either go home or the Hospital for a 24 hr observance. Bet you can't guess what we chose? Yeah we chose the Hospital because with all this being new to us I was scared of another one. So we drove to the hospital where they had a room waiting for us and spent the night. Caleb actually had a good time. I think he enjoyed the one on one attention he got from Us. Kaleigh and Zachary spent the night at my sisters. I think they had fun as well. It's a pretty fun house to be at I've been told by my kids. So we spent the night seizure free and got to go home the next day knowing pretty much the same as we did when we were admitted. The good news is he has been fine since and hasn't had another seizure, bad news is that we will probably have a million more appointments ahead of us. He had an EEG today that I will post a picture later of him with all his wires. He did amazing for this test. Friday is the MRI and Tuesday appointment with Neurologist. I will keep you updated when I find the time. In the meantime we can use all the prayers we can get. So keep them coming. I'd like to just mention how grateful I am for all our family and friends who have done so much for us over the weekend it was all appreciated so much. I am grateful and fortunate right now to have my sister so close who let's me put the bulk of work on her. I love her alot and will miss her greatly when we move someday. I am grateful to have such a wonderful daughter who has been so helpful even though she doesn't like or understand what's going on. Grateful for my husband who is always there to give me emotional support and remind me when I'm being a little crazy. Grateful for everyone who came to the hospital to let Caleb know they loved him. It was nice for him to have so many visitors. Thanks again to everyone who helped and everyone who I will continue to ask for help just know how much I appreciate it. I am grateful for all the blessings that we have recieved this weekend. Thanks for the prayers again.