Monday, January 31, 2011

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately which is not a very good thing for me seeing that it requires to much energy that I don't have. I'm sure this is why I have not accomplished much in my life up to this point. I always said that I am going to live one day at a time and not stress out about what's going to happen tomorrow if we don't do this or that. I have to say this is a huge challenge I face each day as I wake up terrified of what the day will bring, what bill will arrive in the mail box?, what will Kaleigh's school ask of us?, What will the children want from me?, what will the husband ask of me?, What chores must I finish? ...etc Now through all this I remind myself that this is just another day and the same things will come back to haunt me the next day so I try to stop and see what I have in my life. I have three beautiful children here with me and one amazing son who has moved on to live with our Heavenly Father.I have a wonderful Husband (even though he drives me bonkers) that goes to work every day to support us, I have a Sister who loves me, I have a mom who I love with all my heart and wish that she knew how to relax a little so she didn't worry as much,I have a Father who I miss terribly , I have been blessed with countless friends who have been amazing to me and my family and so much more I could go on and on. I am grateful for the gospel and what it has done in my life and I'm grateful for everyone who has been a part of my life at one time or another just know that you have helped shape me into the woman I am today. I love you all and hope to be better at sharing pictures and what's going on in our life for those of you who care!

3 comments:

Ackerman/Mejias Family said...

I love you tons, my favorite sister! You are amazing! Xoxoxo

Brandi said...

Ahhhh Melisa, this post was adorable...thanks for sharing! It is so hard to be a Mother/Wife/Daughter/Friend/Sister/Aunt/etc. all at the same time. I too have feelings of being inadequate sometimes. Was I too impatient with my kids today? Did I tell them I love them enough today? Crap...I forgot to call my sister back for the third day in a row! Miller has had no attention from me whatsoever in the last week but I have folded 1,000 loads of laundry and vacuumed the house 45 times :) I actually think you are being too hard on yourself. I'm sure you have accomplished much more than you realize. You have 4 beautiful children who love you to the moon and back. You have a hubby who adores you and family and friends who think you are pretty darn special! Stay positive, you are AWESOME! xoxo P.S. come and visit us!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucy said...

Thanks Melisa, I loved this post - I agree with Brandi that you're probably too hard on yourself (aren't we usually?) but I needed the reminder about blessings in my own life and to focus on them and not everything else!